We love the Thin Stix and wanted more colors so we were excited to receive Thin Stix Creativity Pack from The Pencil Grip, Inc. to review this time. My kids love art time, whether it is structured or free. My kids, more often than not, gravitate toward the Kwik Stix. This creativity pack made my kids so excited to pull out the new colors in the kit!
These solid tempera paint sticks have been a blast to use. They are smooth, easy to use, don't make a mess, and are easy to clean off little fingers. You don't have to mess with brushes or cups of paint and water either! You just take the cap off, twist the color up, and go to down! The colors dry in 90 seconds and leave a vibrant picture behind. They were easy enough for my 3-year-old to handle but versatile enough for my 10-year-old to enjoy using as well. The kids keep going back to the Kwik Stix/Thin Stix instead of crayons or markers because they are as easy as crayons but they are as fun as paint. They can pull them out and use them without needing my help getting things together. It is a win-win for us!
The metallic colors were so much fun to use on dark paper! It would be great for a snow scene, outer space scene, or to do inverted colors.
The neon colors didn't show up well on the dark paper, but they looked neat on plain white paper. Kaelyn loves rainbows, so she has been putting them on everything lately.I love how it keeps them busy for a long time at the table. It has allowed me to get dinner or lunch together, write a blog post, put school together, and it has been a great activity during sick days.
What we like about them:
- They are just fun to use!
- The price is fantastic. The 24 pack is for sale at BJ's for $19.99 and includes 12 Classic colors, 6 Neon colors, and 6 Metalix colors. That is a great price and just in time for the upcoming holidays. Kwik Stix would make a great present for kids, grandkids, nieces and nephews, and friends.
- My 7-year-old girl LOVED them. "These are amazing and I just want to buy more when we run out!"
- My 3-year-old enjoyed them as well because he was able to use them on his own without help. Any independent activity at that age is a win. "It's good!" (and then he gave me a thumbs up)
- My 10-year-old keeps asking to use them again and again for his comics he makes. "I love how it doesn't take that long to dry and it gives you the funness of making a painting without all the mess."
Who would enjoy this product?
Anyone who has kids, likes to color, is a crafty person, or watches kids would enjoy this product. I think Kwik Stix might even make some kids that don't like to color converts!
To read more reviews and see other people's projects, please click the graphic below.