I know you have all seen the Ice Bucket challenges that have been raiding social media lately. I like the idea of bringing ALS to the forefront and making it a discussion point. People need to be aware of this disease so we can combat it. I do not like the idea of pouring ice water on my head. I was nominated to take part, but of course, I had to put my own spin on the idea.
I challenge EACH ONE OF YOU reading this blog post to do the ALS Nice Bucket Challenge.
- Pray for the families affected by ALS.
- Do something nice for someone.
- If compelled, donate to the John Paul II Medical Research Institute.
Here are some ideas you can put in your nice bucket:
- Visit with an elderly neighbor
- Bring flowers to a friend
- Go to a holy hour of adoration and pray for a friend
- Compliment a stranger
- Bring a plate of cookies to a neighbor
- Spend time visiting people at a nursing home
- If you are kid- anytime you help your parents it is nice
- Create a special dinner for a family member
- Call a family member or friend who might be lonely
- Volunteer at a food bank
- Go door to door singing songs- it doesn't have to be Christmas to bring cheer to people!
- Write a letter to a family member or friend that lives far away
- Make something with your hands and give it to someone
- Send a letter or care package to a military member over sees
- Send a care package in the mail to a new college student
- Be a secret elf for someone and do nice things for them without their knowledge
- Say a rosary for someone
- Offer to babysit for a couple (for free) so they can have a date night
- Get groceries for an elderly neighbor or family member
So remember: pray for a cure for ALS and do something nice. We can make a difference and we can make the world a brighter place.
Hope is a waking dream. ~Aristotle