You can order either the Classic Box or the Vegetarian Box. Each week they will send you three meals, for either 2 or 4 people. With the Classic Box you are allowed to swap out two meal choices, in case you don't like what is offered. The food then arrives at your house, with all the ingredients pre-measured and labelled for easy preparation of dinner.
I was impressed with the packaging and the ice packs that were used. The food was very cold when I unpacked it and I had no worries using the produce or meat.
The recipe cards are beautifully put together with step by step pictures and easy to follow directions.
|The meals: Chile Dusted Shrimp with Corn Relish (right), Beef Stir Fry with Brussels Sprouts (top left), Pork with Lemony Potatoes (bottom left)|
1. Day 1: Chile Dusted Shrimp with Corn Relish
- Husband: "The shrimp was pretty spicy. It seemed like way more corn than what was necessary- disproportionately large amounts of corn."
- Me: "Very spicy, and not enough shrimp to the amount of the relish. There is quite a bit of vinegar."
- 6 YO Son: "Too spicy! Needs more of everything. I know it is a two person meal, but really..."
- 3 YO Daughter: "No, I not like spicy"
- Husband: "The amount of pork was fairly small. You can't really taste the lemon. Also, the slices of lemon are silly. I do not understand the lemon slices."
- Me: "There are a ton of potatoes, and not much pork. It is decent, but there needs to be a lot more lemon flavor."
- 6 YO Son: "More lemon- I could barely taste it!"
- 3 YO Daughter: "I like the chicken!"
- Husband: "This is the best of the three. Things are in better proportion. The sauce is lacking- it needs a ton more of the sauce."
- Me: "This is the best one, probably because I added more soy sauce than it called for. I love how the Brussels sprouts taste and I plan on making them like this again."
- 6 YO Son: "It needs more sauce. When I put more soy sauce on it, it was better."
- 3 YO Daughter: "No. I like hot dogs not this ewwie."
3 meals for 2 people $69
3 meals for 4 people $129
- The recipes were ok, but not anything to write home about (in my opinion). I have high expectations for food and this fell a little flat for me.
- The price seems high to me- yes, it is cheaper than eating out but I am still cooking the food and I can make bigger (and better) meals with less money.
- I think this would be a great program for people that are 1) wanting to try new recipes and are not completely comfortable with recipe/planning/shopping aspects. 2) Someone who can't get out easily and wants their food delivered to the door, without having to buy terrible take-out all the time. 3) Someone wanting to increase their cooking skills. 4) Bachelors who want to impress girls.
Save 20$ on your first order with my code MJ78XF at www.hellofresh.com
To see more reviews of Hello Fresh and other great products, check out Mosaic Reviews.