You can check out their website at https://www.savingmemoriesforever.com/ to learn more about it, but here is a quick rundown of this simple program.
- Download the app from iTunes (for iPhones) or Google Play Store (for Android phones)
- Record some stories using the app.
- Store and share your stories with friends and family.
You can use the app and the website for free,which is a good option to try the app out. However, if you want to be able to share with more family and friends, add extra story tellers, and more you will want to take a look at the two subscription options: $3.99/month or $40/year. You can take a look at their free vs. subscription breakdown to see everything you get with the subscription service.
|There are a ton of categories to chose from when you want to start adding stories. This keeps things very well organized.|
|Another great idea are the prompts they give you to ask your storyteller. Sometimes people don't have something to talk about right away, but if you ask them some specific questions a memory might spark and you'll get a gem.|
Let me tell you why I think this is might be a good app for you.
- You have been meaning to get some of those great stories from Uncle Frank written down, but you never have a pen with you at Thanksgiving dinner.
- You are a homeschooling mom and want to do family history with your kids. Give them this app and have them go to town with your relatives.
- You work at a nursing home and cute Betty always has some great stories to tell you when you come to spend time with her.
- Your mom has been begging someone to write down the stories from her parents (ahem- Mother's Day is on the way. You could always get a few of those stories recorded by then!)
- You are really into genealogy and you want to get stories from multiple sources and see what *really* happened to grandpa's eyebrows during baseball camp in 1932.
- You are the family historian and you want an easy way to communicate the stories you have been collecting.
Want to know something that is going to be fun? A Facebook Party for Mosaic Reviews and Saving Memories Forever! It will be this Friday, May 3rd at 9 PM EDT As always, it will be a great hour of fun and there will be giveaways. I hope to see you all there!