Easy answer: all music.
In reality, there is one song that has been my "theme song" for years. This song has no lyrics, but when I hear it I feel like it is answering my soul with chords.
Hem writes beautiful music with words, but their song Eveningland is my motif. It is gentle, poignant, introspective, beautiful, fulfilling, and ... me. They wrote me into music somehow without even knowing me. I claim this song as my own.
Other notable songs on my soundtrack would include (but not limited to):
- The second movement of Ravel's String Quartet Mozart's Quartet No. 16 in Eb Major, K. 428
- Schubert's "Death and Maiden" Quartet in D minor
- The Gravel Road from The Village
- Der Erlkonig by Shubert (arranged for solo violin by Ernst because it is beyond awesome) Perhaps this would be my death scene, lol
- Ashoken Farewell by Jay Unger
- Such Great Heights (originally by Postal Service) covered by Ben Folds
- Home (originally by Phillip Phillips) covered by Peter Hollens
- Bittersweet by Spencer Schmidt
- Float On (originally by Modest Mouse) covered by Landon Austin
- Barton Hollow by The Civil Wars
- Elements (violin dubstep) by Lindsey Stirling
- Viva La Vida (originally by Coldplay) done with violin!
- Peponi! (Paradise by Coldplay) covered by ThePianoGuys
- So Happy Together covered by ThePianoGuys