A few things I have learned this year:
- Gallbladders are optional.
- Skinny jeans look good on me.
- Homemade cleaning products are cheaper and work better than the expensive (and chemical-laden) store bought kinds.
- I need dates with my husband just the two of us. I love my kids, but we need time to be adults too.
- My viola loves attention.
- New Years resolutions are made to be broken, but in my case I stuck with it and lost 30 pounds!
- Sometimes girls are louder than boys. In my children's case the girl is ALWAYS louder than the boy.
- Kids learn whether you are trying or not. Watch how you act because they learn more by watching you live than by the books you read to them.
My top post of 2012 was My 9 Favorite Disney Characters
A close second was Homemade Laundry Detergent (which I am still using- going on a year of use!)
This year my resolution is to continue loving life like I do at this moment. I can't complain about anything. My husband is groovy, my children are awesome, my job is fantastic, and my dog is a doofus. Everything is exactly as it should be. I want to continue last year's resolution and continue having a healthy lifestyle and become that healthy mom with which the kids have trouble keeping up. There are days I beat them, but they get the better of me most days. Oh yeah, the competition is on!