It. was. delicious.
I made a simple peach pie and I developed my own recipe based on a few recipes I read online. I also made my own crust because I was too lazy to go to the store to buy frozen pie dough.
Sebastian helped me make the pie by cutting out some animal shapes from the top dough crust and sprinkling the animals with sugar before placing on top of the pie.
A couple notes for the next time I make it (probably next week).
- Don't put so much water in the crust. My crust was just a bit too wet.
- Use two more peaches. I only had five because Sebastian had eaten a few peaches before I was able to make the pie. I think seven would be just the right amount.
- Don't add the butter to the filling. I don't think it needs it, especially since peaches are so beautifully in season right now.
- 7 peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 c flour
- 1/2 c white sugar
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1 heaping tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch salt
- Mix flour, sugars, cornstarch, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl.
- Add to peaches and mix well.
- Pour peach mixture into a pie crust.
- (at this point I had dotted the top of the pie with butter. I don't think this is a necessary step, so I am omitting it now, however if you want to, go ahead.)
- Top with crust and add slits.
- Bake at 425 for 15 minutes, then 350 for 30 minutes. Turn off oven and let sit in oven for a few hours until cooled.
Everyone loved the pie. Well, except Kaelyn. She hates peaches. She liked the crust, but spit out any peach I tried to give her. What a silly baby.